Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1 T olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1 cup thinly sliced leeks
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups cauliflower florets
2 ½ cups vegetable broth or water
1 bay leaf (option)
¼ t sea salt, or to taste
⅛ t cumin powder (optional)
Dash of shoyu or tamari
Fresh dill or parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a pot, then add the onion and sauté until translucent, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add leeks and sauté for 3 minute.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Place cauliflower on top then pour the broth or water to barely cover the cauliflower.
- Add one bay leaf, cover and bring to a oil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Take out the bay leaf and turn off the flame.
- Transfer to a blender and puree or use a hand-held immersion blender to blend in the pot.
- Return back to the pot and flavor with sea salt, shoyu and cumin powder.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh dill or parsley.
Recipe and photo provided by Sachi Kato. www.macrobiotic.sachikato.com