Makes about 2 ½ cups
½ cup cashew halves, soaked for 4 hours (or overnight)
2 cups oat milk or other plant-based milk
5 medium Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped (about 3 packed tablespoons)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch sea salt
Pinch ground turmeric (optional for warmer color)
- Soak the cashews in water at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Drain and rinse. Chop into fine pieces.
- Place cashews in blender with half the milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the milk and blend until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with ground nutmeg or cinnamon, or add cinnamon stick to serving cup. You can serve immediately, chilled or hot.
Lavender Tea Au Lait
2 cups water
1 tablespoon edible lavender flowers
2 teaspoons or 2 teabags black tea, (such as English Breakfast)
1 pinch sea salt
2-3 teaspoons agave syrup
¼ – ⅓ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- In saucepan, heat water and lavender flowers to a boil over medium flame. Add black tea bags, turn the flame to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, agave syrup, and almond milk, and bring back to a gentle boil over medium low flame.
- Strain the tea and serve hot.
Matcha Green Tea Latte
2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
2 cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk
1 pinch sea salt
3-4 teaspoons maple syrup
1/8 teaspoons cardamom powder (optional)
- Place matcha green tea powder in small mixing bowl and pour ¼ cup of hot water. Mix well with small whisk until matcha powder is dissolved completely. Set aside.
- In saucepan, heat almond milk over medium low flame to a gentle boil. Add a pinch of sea salt, maple syrup, the matcha mixture, and cardamom powder. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer to serving cups and serve hot or pour over ice to serve cool.