Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
These Peanut Butter cookies will be a smash hit for families, vegan and non
vegan alike. Containing neither eggs nor butter, the rich peanut butter flavor
of these yummy cookies will bring you back to your childhood snack time,
while they satisfy your sweet tooth.
1⁄2 cup gluten free oat flour (you can substitute brown rice flour)
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
1⁄2 cup peanut butter
1⁄2 cup coconut sugar (1⁄3 cup for less sweet version)
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, baking soda and sea salt in a bowl. Mix peanut butter, coconut
sugar, melted coconut oil, water and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until
- Using rubber spatula, stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, for 1-2 hours or
up to 24 hours. You can also freeze the cookie dough balls to bake at
another time, for up to 2 weeks.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare
a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Working with about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough at a time, roll into
cookie balls, and space 3 inches apart on prepared sheet. Using the bottom
of a greased jar or drinking glass, press balls to about 1⁄3 inch thickness.
Press lightly with fork to make patterns.
- Bake cookies until puffed and edges of bottom have started to become
golden, about 8 – 10 minutes, rotating tray halfway through baking. Stay
close to the oven and check often towards the end of baking. It is very easy
to burn the cookies.
- The cookies will look quite soft when you take them out. Let cool for at
least 10 minutes before removing from tray. They will firm up as they cool.
Let cookies cool completely before serving. Cookies can be stored at room
temperature for up to 3 days.
Chef’s Tip: This recipe makes an easy-to-handle portion. If you desire, go
ahead and make a double portion for a potluck or family and friends.