Jar Salad: Mediterranean Style
Makes 32 ounce mason jar salad
Simple yet satisfying, this Mediterranean Style salad is one of the best healthy meals on the go.
Balsamic Vinaigrette (makes 3⁄4 cup)
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon tamari
1 teaspoon sea salt and more to taste
black pepper to taste, optional
1⁄2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
1⁄2 – 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
1⁄4 cup cucumber, chopped
4 – 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
5 – 6 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
Romaine lettuce or butter lettuce, torn into bite sizes
To make Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place the lid on the jar. Shake well until thoroughly combined. Dressing will
keep in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To construct jar salad:
- Place dressing on the bottom, next add cooked garbanzo beans.
- Layer cucumber, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives with lettuce on top.
- Place the lid and keep in refrigerator. It is best to store it in refrigerator. If
weather is warm or hot, make sure to bring jar salad in a cooler with ice pack.