½ large head of cauliflower, sliced into 3 inch length florets (1 pound)
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, diced (1 ½ cup)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
½ cup vegetable broth
1 ½ tablespoon white miso
Black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons almond milk or other non-dairy milk (optional)
8 ounces linguini or your favorite pasta
Parsley, finely chopped
- Steam cauliflower florets until fork tender and set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heated skillet, then sauté onions with sea salt until soft.
- Add garlic and nutmeg powder. Continue to sauté for a couple of minutes. Add vegetable broth, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add steamed cauliflower and vegetable mixture. Process until completely smooth.
- Add white miso and black pepper, and blend well.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and almond milk, if using, and process until everything is well combined.
- Place the sauce back in the skillet.
- Boil linguine per package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile heat the sauce.
- Add the linguini to the Alfredo Sauce in the skillet, mix to combine. Adjust the flavor by adding sea salt if necessary.
- Serve the Linguini Alfredo topped with chopped parsley for garnish.
The sauce keeps well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Just warm gently in a skillet when you reheat it, and add vegetable broth or water to thin it out if needed.